Monday, January 28, 2013

A new Burren journey

Almost 10 years ago I started my career as a professional photographer in Ireland with a project that would eventually become my first book The Fertile Rock - Seasons in the Burren. Much has changed since then in my own life and in the the Burren. I have become a father, moved house, have traveled to each and every corner of Ireland and published several more books. The Burren has achieved Geopark status and through the work of the Burren Beo Trust and the Burren Connect program has also become better protected and more appreciated. 
What hasn't changed however is my fascination with this barren yet fertile area in the north of County Clare. Late last year, after finishing my latest book Ireland's Coast all the miles traveled over the years seemed to finally catch up with me. I felt road weary and worn out and decided to retire to some familiar places in the Burren to recharge the batteries. It felt like coming home. 


During these few days last autumn the idea for The Burren - Portraits of the Fertile Rock was born. Over the coming months (or years...) I will put together a collection of photo essays on all things Burren: Places, history and heritage, nature and wildlife, people, ... The list of topics and ideas is already long.
The Burren Beo Trust and Burren Connect have kindly agreed to support my new Burren journey and I am looking forward exploring the fertile rock again. You are very welcome to follow me on this journey so please come back and experience the Burren with me.


text & image(s) Copyright by Carsten Krieger Photography - no download or reproduction without written permission

No comments: